- Written by Administrator
BThe building will:
- Be constructed in a manner that complements and reinforces the principles of a person-centered home (reference The Green House Project; Dementia Care Matters, Butterfly Homes; and Dementiability.
- Have a maximum of 10 resident bedrooms
- Have on-suite bathrooms complete with accessible showers
- Utilize a design that minimizes or eliminates corridors
- Have safe, accessible outdoor areas
- Use orientation aids are throughout the home to help residents find their way.
- Implement innovative technologies
- Employ numerous stimulation resources throughout the home.
- Have bedroom doors that are easily identifiable to the resident. Keyed to the needs of the individual. E.g.
- Memory boxes
- Notice boards
- Make use of pictorial signage and artwork is used throughout. E.g.
- Room function